Do you think you are knowledgeable about the Tanakh?
How about the written TORAH?
For me to help others to learn, is great. I really enjoy teaching those that want the Truth. Those that ask intelligent questions, even from a child. The last seem to grasp what is Written and then able to ask better questions than most adults or religious leaders I have ever met.
In a way this is great, for children are most inquisitive and if treated to direct answers and discussion, they can be very fast learners.
But, the Study I am looking for are with those that can grasp the bigger meanings and understanding, and maybe challenge me intelligently. Side note: When I was in computer industry, I always needed a couple of people to bounce ideas and concepts off of, there by displaying my misconceptions, errors in thinking or even the evidence that I was on the correct path.
http://ask-james.com/wordpress1/?p=666 “ Trust In The Arm?”
http://ask-james.com/wordpress1/?p=1144 “ ISHRAEL?”
http://ask-james.com/wordpress1/?p=377 “What Have You Done?!”
Those are a three of my writings, which at present count are over 200 writings on this one board. There are other writings, in other places which are not published here. While I attempt to leave all politics out of my writings, sometimes Life creeps in.
These would be the rules for study.
1) The TORAH is the Written TORAH of Moses(Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy–in English) or (Beresihith(In the beginning), Shemoth(The Names, Vayiqra(And He Called), Bamidbar(In the wilderness), Devarim(The Words).
2) The TANAKH (TA= TORAH, NA – Navi’im=Prophets) and (KH= The Writings) is the Same reference as the Old Testament.
3) These are our tools(primarily)
A) TORAH (The Law):
Bereishith (In the beginning…) (Genesis)
Shemoth (The names…) (Exodus)
Vayiqra (And He called…) (Leviticus)
Bamidbar (In the wilderness…) (Numbers)
Devarim (The words…) (Deuteronomy)
B) NEVI’IM (The Prophets):
Shmuel (I &II Samuel)
Melakhim (I & II Kings)
The Twelve (treated as one book):
C) KETHUVIM (The Writings):
Shir Ha-Shirim (Song of Songs)
Qoheleth (the author’s name) (Ecclesiastes)
Ezra & Nechemyah (Nehemiah) (treated as one book)
Divrei Ha-Yamim (The words of the days) (Chronicles)
4) Opinions are nice but, they require the References which support that opinion, or it will be given a: “yeah, so you have a baseless opinion” status or more common “I was just saying…..”. An opinion Yes, valuable not really. We need evidence for it to be considered as information. An example: I say that the TORAH is Written by Moses. To support this opinion I would need to given one or more references showing that Moses did write it. As in “Exodus 24:4 And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the mount, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.” Or
“1 Kings 2: 2 ‘I go the way of all the earth; be thou strong therefore, and show thyself a man; 3 and keep the charge of the LORD thy God, to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, and His commandments, and His ordinances, and His testimonies, according to that which is written in the law of Moses, that thou mayest prosper in all that thou doest, and whithersoever thou turnest thyself;” **Statement by King David to the To Be King, Solomon son of David from his death bed.
5) We require two or more witnesses for a matter to be known. Just like the TORAH’s Law “at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall a matter be established” in “Deuteronomy 19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth; at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall a matter be established.” And “Deuteronomy 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is to die be put to death; at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.” The witness of Two or More, with verses for context, For I shall look at the context being presented, to understand the meanings in the text. This has served me well, over my life time, to seek for Two or More separate reports from separate sources.
Based on the above, do you have something to add to this list?
So what do you think? Are you up for this?
Is anyone listening? You still have breath and life, you can return and repair your deeds. You just need to Do It while you have time.
I can not save you, no one can., you must Return and do that which is Right.
I can show you the way, if you want to know.
IT is to our benefit to HEARKEN until the LIVING GOD OF ISHRAEL/ISRAEL, and to our pain and shame to do otherwise.
My prayer is that The LORD grant you eyes that see, ears that hear and an understanding heart, then you return unto HIM soon!(Isaiah 6: 9 And He said: ‘Go, and tell this people: hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they, seeing with their eyes, and hearing with their ears, and understanding with their heart, return, and be healed.’)
If you have questions, write me or submit a comment.
Please Donate, if you Can, use the button in the Left Column.
It is not required, but needed and appreciated.